Who is Team Green?
Team Green Adventures was established by Lightning 100 (WRLT 100.1 FM) in 1996 as a way to get our listeners involved in an active lifestyle. Since then, our audience has expanded to other cities and states, with members across the Nation and events across the Globe! Through adventure we promote health, community service, and environmental awareness. Check out our calendar and pick the adventure that’s right for you!
Subscribe to Team Green’s Google Calendar and keep track of our upcoming trips, along side your own personal/work calendars!
or iCal Link
Events Subscribe to the RSS Feed
Below is a description of your event. Please use the comment form to provide feedback or start a conversation with other interested event participants.
COASTAL MAINE ADVENTURE
Join Team Green and L.L. Bean Outdoor Discovery school (ODS) on our inaugural trip to the Maine coastline! Start off with a sea kayak tour of beautiful Casco Bay where we’ll cruise past lighthouses, lobster trawls and some of the major islands in the bay. On day two and three take a bike tour of the Maine coastline complete with overnight accommodations at the L.L.Bean campsite in Freeport.
When September 17-20th
Depart Nashville Airport on Thursday, September 17th
Return the evening of Sunday, September 20th
Where Portland/Freeport, Maine and Casco Bay
Cost $540 Members, $585 Non-Members
Trip Leaders Darren Srebnick and Keeley Reed
Difficulty All activities are beginner friendly. It is highly recommended that you can swim and ride a bike.
Children policy This is an 18 and over event.
Dog policy Dogs are not permitted on this event
Refund Policy This event is subject to 10% cancellation fee ($54-$59 accordingly). No refunds 45 days out from event (August 15th).
Equipment All kayaking, biking, and camping equipment will be provided by ODS
- Arrive at Portland International Jetport
- ODS shuttle to KOA campground cabins
- ODS shuttle from KOA cabins to our kayak tour location
- Kayak tour of Casco bay
- ODS shuttle to downtown Freeport for 3 hours, then to KOA cabins
- ODS shuttle from KOA cabins to our starting point for bike tour
- Bike tour of coastal Maine (approx 25 miles, van supported)
- ODS shuttle to L.L. Bean campground
- Lunch and dinner provided
- Breakfast and lunch provided
- Continuation of bike tour of coastal Maine (approx 30 miles, van supported)
- ODS shuttle to Portland Jetport by 4pm pm for departure back to Nashville
This trip is open to 20 participants. Member price is $540 and Non-Member price is $585.
- Tour guides, kayak, bike and camping equipment
- Three night accommodations with access to shower facilities
- Snacks on Friday, Lunch and dinner on Saturday, Breakfast and lunch on Sunday
- All transportation to and from Portland International Jetport, accommodation locations, and tour sites. ODS shuttles are all “green” and use biodeisel fuels!
Price does NOT include the following:
- Airfare to and from Nashville Airport (prices are estimated at $278 round trip).
- Any meals on Thursday and Friday
- Breakfast on Saturday morning
- Dinner on Sunday evening
Flights must be privately booked and should arrive in Portland Jetport, ME no later than 5:30 pm on Thursday, September 17th and depart no earlier than 6:30 pm on Sunday, September 20th for shuttles. If you choose to stay extra nights, you will need to find your own transportation to and from the airport.
Come out to a free information session on Wednesday, May 27th at 6:30pm at REI Brentwood to learn more about this trip including alternative transportation options.
Additional transportation options include Sunday flight departure, Monday flight departure with additional night accommodations, bus transportation to and from Maine, or train transportation to and from Maine.
Team Green offers two payment plans. Pay the full amount now, or pay in installments.
Refund Policy This event is subject to 10% cancellation fee ($52-$58 accordingly). No refunds 45 days out from event (August 15th)
Pay Full Amount Now
First payment $240 or $285 respectively to reserve spot, Second payment of $150 due June 30th, Remaining Balance $150 due August 15th. Registration purchased after June 30th must pay the full $390 to $445 respectively to reserve spot.
Notice to Trip participants
Team Green has contracted with ODS to serve as booking agent/ guide service for Coastal Maine Adventure. ODS will be responsible for payment of your trip deposit for Coastal Maine Adventure. Deposits collected by Team Green for this trip have been forwarded to ODS for this purpose. Team Green is not responsible for your deposit once paid to ODS. Team Green is also not responsible for monies paid by you directly to ODS.
No one has commented yet on this event. Fill out the form below and be the first to leave one!